The Application Architect is responsible for overall application architecture creating, application component design, and prototyping of designed architecture. The individual in this position has experience in design, implementation, and deployment of software applications in the business world. This individual is knowledgeable in all aspects of system integration and has a basic understanding of network systems and hardware. The individual is confident in developing requirements and design specifications for new and existing applications. The individual in this position serves as a leader in the integration of solutions and designing applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, system inputs and outputs
• Architecting solution options according to high level analysis
• Review the high-level application architecture options with business clients and other technical experts.
• Define and document the final application architecture
• Prototype the application architecture to ensure the technical feasibility and performance of the application.
• Work with the developers to design the components/object/data structure of the application
• Coordinate new systems development to ensure it is consistent and well integrated with existing application systems
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs
• Research and evaluate software and hardware with Infrastructure teams to assist in designing program platforms
• Assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
• Coordinate enhancements and maintenance of application systems, as well as structural changes, when necessary
• Interface with the business community and provide ongoing status
• Consult with clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug applications to meet needs
• Write and maintain documentation to describe software infrastructure and maintain changes and corrections
• Write documentation or review documentation written by others that describes implementation and operating procedures
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about applications
• Analyze, define, recommend, and support software tools to manage and monitor application environment,
• Lead in performing architectural reviews for all projects to ensure sound architectures for proposed environment and application